Friday, May 8, 2015

Broad Street Recap

A little over 5 months ago, I did something that, at the time, seemed a little crazy.  I decided to join my running team in raising $250,000 for the American Cancer Society while training for a 10 mile run through Philadelphia.  At the time I had been running on and off a few times a week, and no more than 2 miles at a time. Can I just say, those 5 months flew by in the blink of an eye.  I jumped into training on January 1st and followed my training plan on and off for the entire 5 months. 



It was quite a journey for me but I have come a long way.  I can tell you that when I registered for this run, I had very little confidence that I would actually train for and complete the 10 miles.  I had never run more than 3.1 in my lifetime.  I would sometimes struggle through a mile.  I had never actually followed through on an entire training program.  But, for all the "I can'ts" running through my head, there were hundreds of "Yes. You. Can's. & "Yes. We. Can's", coming from the amazing people on my running team. 



yep, I got my nails done to match my team colors :o)
With the support of Team CMMD and my family and friends, I made it.  It wasn't easy and at times I know it was probably pretty ugly but my little legs carried me 10 miles through Philly, accomplishing a goal that I never thought was possible.  




And THIS is why we run - for those who can't.


No comments:

Post a Comment