Friday, April 3, 2015

Fruity-Crispies

Are you a fan of rice krispie treats? I could eat the ones that come in the shiny blue package every single day if they were calorie-free. And since I love cereal of all kinds, I got pretty excited when I saw these Fruity Pebble Crispies wile perusing Pinterest a few weeks ago. So excited, in fact, that I requested them for my bridal shower! I made them last weekend for a pre-Easter church function, and though they didn't all go, I can tell you with confidence that they a delicious spin on the traditional. And with their bright spring colors, they're also the perfect 20-minute, no-bake dessert for your Easter celebration.


Ingredients:
-2.5 tablespoons unsalted butter
-8 cups mini marshmallows
-6 cups Fruity Pebbles 
-non-stick baking spray

Directions:
-Spray a 9x13" casserole pan with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
-In a pot over medium-low heat, start melting the butter and then add six cups of the mini marshmallows. Stir continuously until the butter and marshmallows have melted together and there are no lumps. Do not over-melt or you will have stiff crispies!
-Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the Fruity Pebbles and remaining two cups of marshmallows. Stir until everything is well-combined. Pour into casserole pan.
-Spray a spatula with non-sticking baking spray and press the mixture into the pan. Allow to cool (about two hours) before cutting into squares with a very sharp knife. To store, cover loosely with saran wrap.


Enjoy! :] & have a Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment