Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Lately

Here's a bit of what we've been up to lately...

 Last week we had the best snowstorm.  Light, fluffy snow and lots of it!  We had so much fun running around, sledding and playing.  This was our first and probably last really good snow this season, so we were really happy.

 {fuzzy pic, sorry}
Sommer got a couple boxes of the newer version of Polly Pocket from her cousin on Matt's side of the fam.  Can I just tell you that she is completely enamored with these dolls and their houses/clothes/accessories.  She has spent more time playing independently in the last couple days than ever before.  And,  I will admit, I love playing with them too so I'm a little sad that she doesn't ask me to play more. ;o)

 We had Chipotle the other evening for dinner and afterwards I just had to make my own guac.  I love Chipotle's guacamole but I think I love my own version even more.  I like mine with lots of lime and extra salt...how about you?

 We headed to the library the other day (with the windows down!!) to pick up some new books.  It's been a while since we've been and we had a great time.  We had the whole children's library to ourselves which I love sometimes.  I picked up my favorite book/cookbook and can't wait to read it again.

 more water/less coffee
I started drinking more coffee than usual a couple weeks ago because someone told me about a study that found it is good for us to drink 3-5 cups of coffee a day.  Although I love coffee, I was having headaches almost daily and just not feeling the best.  Last week, I bought myself this new glass water bottle and have started drinking water with lemon and sometimes lime, every morning at work before I drink any coffee.  I've also cut back my coffee consumption to about 2 cups a day and increased my water intake quite a bit.  It's only been a couple days but I haven't had a headache since the weekend and I've been feeling better overall!
 
My baby is growing up.  Look at those long legs!

Running!  I'm about 8 weeks out from my 10 mile run in Philly and I'm nervous and excited and very anxious.  I have a 5 miler on the schedule for this afternoon and I am terrified.  It's my longest distance to date and I keep going back and forth as to whether it is even possible.  I just keep telling myself that I am so lucky to have the ability to get out and run everyday so I better take advantage of that while I can!  I also know that just a month or so ago, running 2 miles was a struggle and today I consider a 2 mile day an easy day - so I am making progress and maybe one day a 5 mile day will be an easy day too! 

What have you been up to lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment