Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, friends!

I hope the New Year is treating you well so far.  I can hardly believe that it is 2015 and we are already a week in!  Matt and I were talking the other day about how 2014 was a really great year for us.  Much better than the couple before.  I know so many people who were definitely ready to bid farewell to 2014 but we were a little sad to see such a good year go.  Although, we both have high hopes for 2015, too!  

We started 2015 out celebrating love with some of Matt's longtime friends who got married on January 2nd.  We had such a fun time celebrating them and enjoying our time together.  Sommer had her first overnight at Mimi and Pa's house by herself and man, it felt like she grew up big time in such a short time!  


After setting some pretty lofty goals to strive for last year, and not really living up to them, I haven't set any new years resolutions yet.  What I have decided is that I have one big thing in May that I will be working really hard for and then I hope to add some little things in here and there.  

My big thing in May is the Broad Street Run in Philly.  It's a 10 mile race that I am running with my running team.  This is BIG, mostly because I have never run more than 3 consecutive miles.   Fear is starting to creep in a bit but I am pretty sure that if I prepare myself well, I will be just fine.  
I also read this, this morning:

 One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn’t do.
Henry Ford

 I think I can...

The BIGGER thing about this race is that my team is striving to raise $250,000 for the American Cancer Society.  That's $1,000 per person on our team.  We want to do our part to help change the course of cancer and also support those people whose lives are changed by this horrible disease.  Would you consider helping us meet our goal by checking out our fundraising page and possibly making a donation?  You can find my personal fundraising page here and from there you can find my team's page as well.  Thank you so much for considering helping us meet our goal!

For now, our little thing is snack dinner and family movie night on Sunday nights.  I have always struggled with dinner on Sunday night as we are getting ready to get back to work.  On New Year's Eve we basically had a snack dinner and then when we got home from a weekend away on Sunday evening, we decided to try it again. 
It all came together super quick and easy and was the perfect end to our weekend.  The other great thing is that we can mix it up depending on what we've got on hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment