Friday, December 19, 2014

Lately

In between a lot of work over the past couple of weeks, I've been trying to focus on enjoying my favorite season of the year -- Christmas! While I haven't gotten to do quite as much baking as I like, I have been getting into the Christmas spirit by attending some traditional parties, visiting Hershey Park's Christmas Candy Lane, and watching my favorite themed programs in the light of our tree. Below are a few photos, if you'd like to see!

[Our great family friends have a lovely party every year focused around the timing of a Christmas Tree Lighting their town holds every year on the local lake. Robert and I braved the cold to walk down this year, and I snapped this quick photo. It's like something out of a movie.:]

[Not that I needed them, but I bought a couple of these cute Santa ornaments at Target last week.]

[Robert and I got some free tickets to Christmas Candy Lane this year, so we invited his best friends to come up for the weekend. We had a great time going on some rides, admiring the lights and ice skating!]

[Here's Robert playing his goddaughter in a game of whack-a-mole. How cute is her Olaf hat?!]

[And here he is celebrating his win. Don't worry - he gave her the cute Penguin toy:)]

[Hershey had an interesting attraction this year -- ice-skating on faux ice! The "ice" was thin sheets of plastic put together like a puzzle. You still used ice skates and it was still slippery!]

[I love the way winter trees look wrapped in lights.]

[And I love Hershey's candy in lights or in chocolate. :]

[I snapped up this Santa shirt at Target for my work Christmas party. I see it playing a large role in my wardrobe over the next week or so!]

[And to end -- the most perfect night that I can imagine. A beautiful tree, hot chocolate and A Charlie Brown Christmas on TV. Have a great weekend! xo]

No comments:

Post a Comment