Wednesday, October 22, 2014

the perks of being an aunt

When we were in Maine back at the beginning of August, there was an afternoon when my nephew Tommy really wanted a chocolate chip cookie. And given that it was getting close to dinnertime, my responsible, older sister did the right thing by telling him that he could have a couple of slices of fruit instead. I am not often one to go against the grain, but at that moment I happened to have a couple of cookies in my hand, and Tommy was staring at them longingly. And so I quietly showed him one, set it on the table behind me and walked away. When I turned back he was taking a bite and giving me the biggest, most adorable smile ever. Sorry Chels!! But it was worth it. :)

It is situations like these that make me love being an aunt. And it was the look on Tommy's face that I had in my mind when I wandered through the aisles of Target to put together some fun Halloween care packages for my nieces and nephews.

[cute cards]

[gummy monsters]

[spooky stickers]

[peanut butter pumpkins & bright bracelets]

[fanged mustaches]

[spider rings & candies]

[put it all together]

Happy Halloween littles!! Look for a package coming your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment