Thursday, October 30, 2014

on the line

Do you buy things online? (Or as Billy in the movie "The Internship" would say, "On the line?") Of course you do. Everyone does, right? I order things like Christmas presents and sometimes books and random things from Amazon. But what about groceries? Have you ever tried an online grocery service? Or what about kid bath stuff - shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion? Do you order those things or make the trek to the grocery store or Target each week like I do?


 Recently, I've been looking at Relay Foods and The Honest Company for ordering groceries and bath/laundry supplies. One of my neighbors gets a Relay Foods delivery every week and it looks so easy it makes me want to give it a try! Plus, you can find locally produced foods which appeals to me as well. I'm thinking of ordering a week's worth of groceries to see how I like it. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I might actually miss my weekly trip to the store. I've been going at least once a week for at least 10 years now so it would be weird not to have to go!

I've also talked to a few moms about The Honest Company and they've all loved the cute diapers (although we don't need those anymore...hooray!) and other soaps and cleaning products.  Now, I'm not planning to give up my Method cleaning supplies anytime soon so I won't be ordering those, but I'd like to try the lotions and soaps and laundry supplies.  


Recently, I picked up some Honest Company shampoo and conditioner to try and am loving the way it smooths Annabel's hair.  The price was much more than what I'm used to paying - about $11 per bottle - but I can get it for less on the website by subscribing to a customizable monthly "bundle" package. I'm thinking this is the way to go since I can get five of their products for $35.95.  In November, I'd like to try another shampoo and conditioner, as well as the lotion, laundry soap, and hand soap.

Do you use these online services? Do you think it's better to shop in a store? If I give them I try, I'll let you know what I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment