Monday, September 22, 2014

fall to-do list

With tomorrow marking the official beginning of a new season, and since I had so much fun completing all the goals on my summer to-do list, I thought I'd make one for fall, too.  I always look forward to this time of year with the cooler temperatures, beautiful light, crisp apples, jeans and sweatshirts, colorful leaves, and pumpkin everything.  It's definitely my favorite.  Here, in no particular order, are the things I'm hoping to do this fall:


1.  Jump in a pile of leaves
2.  Eat soup
3.  Carve a pumpkin
4.  Walk
5.  Watch the leaves
6.  Pick apples
7.  Weekend/day away
8.  Go to a football game
9.  Make pie
10. Eat pumpkin
11. Light candles
12. Get a jump on holiday prep
13. Go for a wagon ride
14. Drink apple cider
15. Hike
16. Knit
17. Enjoy the view
18. Halloween /Fall craft with the kids
19. Set up our "thotful spots" in the woods


We're taking inspiration from Winnie the Pooh on the "thotful spot" idea.  Since we have such a nice section of woods behind and beside our house, we'll be heading out into the trees to find a good spot for each of us to have a bench and collection of our favorite things - rocks or acorns or leaves or sticks or whatever else is unearthed around our house.  I want the kids to feel safe in the woods and have a place they can go if they need some time alone to "think think think."  I can't wait for us to find our special thinking spots!  We already have plans to go apple picking and spend a weekend at the beach, and believe it or not, I've already started my list of Christmas gifts and am coming up with ideas for homemade Christmas cards (which may or may not end up being a reality - I'm open to scratching it if things get busy).  Can't wait to get to the rest of my list!  What are you hoping to do this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment