Thursday, July 3, 2014

Simple Avocado Dressing

Avocados are one of my grocery list staples. I buy at least one every week, and I eat them in every way imaginable: on toast with eggs, as a veggie-burger topping, alone as a side dish, with tomatoes and onion as a salad, even on pasta. But this week, as I was contemplating what I might eat for dinner, I realized that I had all of the ingredients for a salad that I had put in my cookbook ages ago, and never recreated at home: spring lettuces with avocado dressing and pistachios. This salad isn't anything life-changing (not like this one anyway) but I really like the dressing and am already thinking of using it as a dip for sweet potato fries and fried shrimp. 

 

Simple Avocado Dressing:
-1/4 (or a bit more) avocado, pitted
-1/2 cup buttermilk
-2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
-salt & black pepper to taste
-optional: basil or cilantro 

To make: Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth & pourable.

If you want to try the salad, just toss leaf lettuce (this, from my mom's garden) with some shelled, salted chopped pistachios and the dressing to taste. Enjoy! :)

In case you missed it:

Recipe Source: Real Simple 

No comments:

Post a Comment