Thursday, July 31, 2014

Mary Jane Eggs

Before I write down this recipe I need to tell you something.  When you read the ingredients, you're going to think I'm crazy to call this my all-time favorite breakfast.  You're going to see it and think, "There's no way that can be good."  But just trust me on this one.  It's good.  It's more than good...it's amazing.  Everyone loves it, and I know you will, too.  You have to try this.

Mary Jane Eggs
Recipe from Tidewater on the Halfshell

4 eggs, beaten
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1/4 pound butter
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/3 cup powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Beat together eggs, flour, and milk.  Melt butter in a 13x9 inch dish.  Add 1/2 tsp melted butter to egg mixture.  Mix, then pour egg mixture into butter in dish.  DO NOT STIR.  Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.  Immediately after removing from oven, pour blueberries over eggs and sprinkle with powdered sugar.  Serve immediately. 

Notes:  The butter takes a little while to melt so put it in the pan and then put the pan into the preheating oven so it will be ready when you are.  Believe me, you won't want this to take any longer than it absolutely has to so that there can be as little time as possible between the preparing and the eating.  I never measure the blueberries or the sugar.  Just make sure that all the pools of butter end up with sugar and plenty of blueberries.  Trust me, you'll love it!



P.s.  Is anybody else concerned about the rate at which this summer is flying by?!  Farewell, July.  Until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment