Tuesday, July 1, 2014

how does my garden grow: june

I'm back with a little update on my garden.  We hit some bumps in the road with a couple of our boxes and so last week on night, we ripped out our peas and a box of greens that had gone too far and started to sprout some flowers.  After two major hail storms and me not being prepared with the right kind of pea support...womp, womp...we had a big pile of dead pea stalks. 
 So, like I said we ripped out our veggies from two boxes and decided to try our hand at zucchini and geraniums instead.  We'll see how it goes.
 We have a few sungold tomatoes growing on our plant and I can't wait to taste them in the next week or so!

 Our three other pots are full of sweet peas (flowers), zinnias and small terrarium plants.  They all seem to be doing fairly well at the moment.
 Sweet little patio garden.
It's always so fun to enjoy the fruits of our labor.  We have been mixing our home grown lettuce in our salads over the last couple weeks.

And just because...these cherries have been our favorite snack the past couple days! 
Happy July!

No comments:

Post a Comment