Monday, June 23, 2014

(lack of) fashion sense: an update

You guys, I had so many helpful and supportive comments from you on Facebook (THANK YOU!!) after my last "fashion" (quotes around that word cause can we really call that a post about fashion when I actually have no idea what the heck I'm talking about?!) post that I thought I'd give you an update. 

I wrote that last post before we were fully settled into our house with boxes unpacked and clothes washed and put away, so I was originally thinking that if I wanted to wear skirts, I'd have to go out and buy some.  But when I got to the "summer church clothes" pile and started putting things on hangers, I was pleasantly surprised at my current skirt collection that I'd forgotten about during our months of transition.  Although I'm not at the point yet where I'm ready to model clothing through photos here in the space (for a great example of a style blog, check out Emily at Cupcakes and Cashmere), I thought I'd show you what I found if you'd like to see.


I got these two last year at Loft and although they're on the shorter side, they're super comfortable with a plain old t-shirt and flip flops.  


I think Carrie gave me this one several years ago and I've been happily wearing it ever since.  I can't remember where it's from (I'm not at home and forgot to look at tags before I left...my bad), but it's also really comfortable.

I have no idea where I got this skirt but I've had it for a long time.  It's super comfortable (are you seeing a trend here?) and the perfect length for me.

I found this one for a great price at a Banana Republic outlet in Delaware a few years ago.  Although I like it a lot, I don't wear it very often because it's a little on the shorter side.  In the end, it's just not all that practical to wear when I might possibly have to make a quick move to catch my always-running two-year-old. 


This one is probably my favorite of the bunch not only because it's really pretty and comfortable to wear, but because my amazingly talented grandmother made it for me!  I don't know if you can see it very well in the photo, but it has a big pocket there on the left that I absolutely love.  Thanks, Grama!  I need a lesson in skirt sewing! :)

And lastly, this blue one that I've actually had since high school (I graduated in 2000 - you do the math) that I'm still wearing on occasion now.  It's a little long for my taste and should probably be hemmed, but regardless, I still pull it out from time to time.  


So that's what I've got!  I think I'm off to a great start, don't you?  What does your summer wardrobe look like?  And what other fashion advice can you give me?!  I need all the help I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment