Tuesday, April 8, 2014

a little change-up

A few weeks ago, I wrote about my favorite breakfast for cold, winter mornings.  I was eating oatmeal faithfully for a few weeks but decided after a while that I needed to try something new.  I was hoping that something fresh and filled with healthy greens and fruits would make spring come soon.  
So, off the the grocery store I ran to pick up some ingredients for a new and improved Green Monster.   Over the past couple of weeks I've been experimenting but keeping the base of the smoothie pretty much the same. 

Smoothie #1:
handful of kale
1 banana (frozen or not)
1/2 cup mango
coconut water (amount depends on your preference for consistency)
little shake of flax (optional)

I love the vibrant green!  And it was a huge hit with my girl.  My biggest issue is my blender because I always have little pieces of kale that don't get smoothed out.  

Smoothie #2
same as smoothie #1 but add a handful or so of frozen blueberries.
We didn't love this one as much but it might be a hit for you if you like blueberries in your smoothies!

 Smoothie #3 and my personal favorite.
handful of spinach
1 banana (frozen or not)
1/2 cup of mango
1/3 cup of pineapple + a little juice
2 spoonfuls of vanilla yogurt
3-4 ice cubes
Do you drink green monsters?  Any advice on a new blender?

No comments:

Post a Comment