Monday, March 31, 2014

California dreamin'

Blame it on this never-ending winter (that actually might be ending this week, hooray!) or the two full days of clouds and rain we just had over the weekend, but I think I've never been more ready for Spring.  Sun, warm breeze, playgrounds, bikes, flowers, blue sky.  I want it all and I want it, well, now. Thankfully it's supposed to warm up this week (81 on Wednesday!) and not rain again until Friday.  Here's to hoping that winter is officially OVER.  Finally.  Dreaming of blue sky and sun naturally sends my thoughts back to our California vacation.  With all the craziness of our house stuff and my celiac issues, I never did finish showing you our photos.  So let's all do a little California dreamin' today...


Panning for gold and building rock cairns at the American River in Coloma.


 Amazing dinner and drinks at Cascada and beautiful art at Volution Gallery in Placerville.


Hiking to see the elephant seals at Ano Nuevo.  Photo credit:  Tommy.


On the pier in Santa Cruz.


 Loving San Francisco.

Dinner at Phil's in Moss Landing.

Jellyfish at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.


On the beach in Carmel.

Big trees at Calaveras State Park.




Hiking in the Sierras.



 Swimming in and admiring Lake Tahoe.

Ok, I'm ready to go back!  We crammed so many adventures into our two week stay, but there's still so much to see out there.  Here's to hoping we can get back out there to explore again soon.  

Hope it's sunny wherever you are.  Happy Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment