Monday, January 6, 2014

back again







Hello and welcome back, friends!  Hope you've had a lovely holiday celebrating whatever you celebrate and enjoying time with loved ones.  We had a fun couple of weeks spending time with lots of family, getting out into the cold air for some woods walking, making new friends at Build-A-Bear, reading chapter after chapter of James and the Giant Peach (and watching Tommy take on the Giant Meatball), and listening to Pentatonix sing "Go Tell it on the Mountain" at least 100 times.  At least.  Good days for sure.  

We're back to the regular schedule today and have a really full and busy week ahead of us.  Tommy starts back up with tennis, church choir, and basketball, my Bible Study starts meeting again this week, and we're moving...again.  Turns out our house is a little bit behind so we've decided to get an apartment to wait out the remaining months.  It's definitely frustrating to be packing...again...but it'll be nice to be back in our own bed and have our own space.  I've really enjoyed getting to know the couple that we've been living with and am thankful for the time we spent with them.  Now let's do this...again.  And then again in a few months.  Sheesh.  

I got some of my favorite things for Christmas this year...

Sweater pattern knit in Quince & Co. yarn!

Fannie Flagg!

Phoebe Wahl and Taproot!
I can't wait to start that sweater for ME (I haven't made anything for myself yet!) as soon as the yarn arrives in the mail.  In the meantime, I'm enjoying reading my new Fannie Flagg book and looking at the lovely scenes in the Taproot calendar.  Have you seen Phoebe Wahl's art?  Love.  It.  I can't wait to hang it up in our apartment and then our new home.  

Did you make any New Year's Resolutions for 2014?  I don't make resolutions, but instead write down the things I want to spend time doing during the year.  Here's what I came up with:

* Dream * Walk * Cook * Listen * Celebrate * Gather * Hike * Play * Write * Knit * Read * Explore * Enjoy * Linger * Create - Beauty - Traditions - Love - Home - Craft *

Looking forward to a great 2014!  Thanks for starting a new year with us here at WeThree! 

No comments:

Post a Comment