Thursday, December 19, 2013

Birthday #2!

Over the weekend we celebrated Sommer's second birthday.  She is so much fun and her birthday was no exception. 

 Early wake up call to celebrate before daddy went to work.

 Opening up a few fun gifts.

We got her a step stool for her bathroom so she can now wash her hands and brush her teeth without being held. :)  She loves it!

 Reading her new books from Gatty!

 This is one of my favorite books and I have read it to Sommer on each of her birthdays. 

 On Saturday we celebrated with some of our family.  I saw a cute sprinkle cake idea on Pinterest and decided to try it because we love sprinkles.  Sommer picked out her purple icing. 

  I searched high and low for a '2' cookie cutter and could not find one anywhere!  Instead, I cut a 2 out of paper, laid it on the cake, covered everything in sprinkles and then carefully removed the 2.  It wasn't the best way but we were pretty happy with the results.

 Happy birthday to my sweet girl!

 Singing 'Happy Birthday!'  She loves it and has been asking me to sing it all week!

 Blowing out her two candles.

We got snowed in on Saturday so we spent part of the day outside making snowmen, sledding around and playing.  An extra special treat for our birthday girl!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment