Monday, December 2, 2013

a quiet month

Am I the only one who can't believe it's already December?  These last few months seem to have flown by with all the crazy and exciting things we have going on.  With my Christmas shopping complete, I'm looking forward to slowing down, writing some Christmas cards, reading lots of Christmas books, watching Christmas movies, making Christmas cookies, and finding ways for us to give back this Christmas season.  Also hoping to experiment with some homemade gluten-free bread that I could share with friends along with a pot of nice hot soup.  

As part of my December "Be Quiet" goal, I recently spotted this challenge on the SouleMama website and decided to sign up.  I think it'll be fun to make time in our somewhat busy December schedule for each of the daily challenges and take photos along the way to remember.  This month, Tommy's continuing his tennis lessons and church choir practices and is also adding a night of basketball practice, and although I'm glad he's involved in each of these things, I'm wondering how it will affect our time together during this special month.  I'm looking forward to making time each day to be quiet with my family, enjoy something good to eat, and make sure we make the most of our days even when they're busy.

Also wanting to remember this paragraph from Simple Abundance as the December days go by:

"December's gifts - custom, ceremony, celebration, consecration - come to us wrapped up, not in tissue and ribbons, but in cherished memories.  This is the month of miracles.  The oil that burns for eight days, the royal son born in a stable, the inexplicable return of Light on the longest, darkest night of the year.  Where there is Love, there are always miracles.  And where there are miracles, there is great joy."


December 1 at the beach.
So so thankful to have spent Thanksgiving week and weekend with so many family members.  Can't wait to do it all again in a few short weeks!  Happy December, and if you have one, good luck with your December goal!  What are you looking forward to this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment