Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The New House

Last Friday I mentioned that I was moving, and after a long weekend full of packing, lifting boxes, running around, multiple trips to Target and TJ Maxx, and then a decent chunk of time spent unpacking, I am finally starting to feel a little settled.  I am lucky enough to be moving in with my best friend, and between the two of us, we have all the big items covered. The last item on my check list is a dresser, and though it’s been a tad annoying the past few days without one, I’m confident I’ll find what I’m looking for this coming weekend. 

We have yet to set up our internet, so today I thought I’d just share with you a few pictures of the house. I found it on a whim, and was so taken by the photos that I immediately called the number on the listing and walked through it that very day. It’s old and a little creaky, but the ceilings are high, there are a lot of lovely details, and honestly, it’s very reminiscent of my childhood home, which I love. We obviously aren’t done setting everything up, but here are a few shots of our work in progress. 

My bedroom.
I have three big windows, super high ceilings, a decent sized closet and a lot of space!  I found this bedding at Target (it’s on sale), and the yellow pillow and chevron blanket are from TJ Maxx (yes, I’m a little obsessed). The best part though, is that pink throw, which was made by my Gramma! She has one in her house that I have admired forever, and a few weeks ago she surprised me with my own. I love how bright it makes the room feel. 

Bathroom.
This picture isn’t super interesting, but I love our shower curtain.

Staircase.
I love having a banister and am already looking forward to decorating this thing for Christmas! I have a feeling this house will see its fair share of holiday-themed parties.

Chandelier.
This detail will be fun to decorate as well! I already have plans to make tissue ghosts in the next week or so for some early and simple Halloween decorating. 

Living Room.
This fireplace with the floating mantle was the first picture of the house that I saw. I immediately pictured filling the open space with white candles, and when I get around to it, I’ll be on the search for some inexpensive ones.  It sounds silly, but despite the fact that the fireplace isn’t in working order, it really warms the room up.


If you can’t tell, this wall falls right beneath my bedroom. We’ve sort of adopted a blues and neutrals theme in this room, and I’m loving the look of the mismatched blue patterns.

My favorite chair, gifted to me by my Nanny in Massachusetts.

Kitchen.
I love this corner cabinet which so nicely displays my baking canisters (house warming gift from my mom that I am obsessed with), and some of Brigid’s pretty dishes. 



Hall Closet.
I didn’t take a picture of it, but inside this closet there is an old fashioned pencil sharpener. So you know, in case you ever need to sharpen a wooden pencil, we have you covered.

Balcony.
I’m excited to drink coffee out here on brisk fall days. 

The only picture I put up so far: a shot of my Grandpa and me, long ago. This sounds silly, but it makes me feel a little safer.

So that’s what we have so far! Brig has her own room too (obvi)  and we also have access to a little yard and the attic! I’m sure I’ll be updating you with more photographs in the weeks to come, because honestly, I really love this house and am having way too much fun decorating. ;) 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new place! ... It's so warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete