Monday, September 30, 2013

new beginnings

After a ridiculously long weekend, I really can't tell you how happy I am to see Monday.  We packed boxes, moved boxes, made a million trips to different places, cleaned the entire empty house from top to bottom, and tied up all the loose ends with moving out of our first home.  It's bittersweet for sure, but after such a long few days, I'm completely exhausted and honestly, I'm ready to move on.  And since our closing is official as of this morning at 11am, I can finally tell you our plans.  

About ten days ago now, we signed a contract on this three acre piece of land that's about 20 minutes from where we currently live...




 
So in about six months, our new house will be sitting right in amongst those trees.  I don't think I could possibly be more excited.  Yes, that means that we don't have a permanent home for awhile yet, but I think it'll be worth the wait.  We'll have plenty of space in our house, a pretty amazing back yard, and lots of kids in the neighborhood.  

In the meantime, we're actually living with a couple from our church in their big, beautiful, empty home.  They both work pretty long hours and their kids have moved out of the house, so they very generously offered us a place to stay.  We're glad to be in a house where the kids feel at home and have their own space instead of being cooped up in a tiny apartment.  Really, it's a pretty amazing situation and we're definitely grateful for this couple and their generosity.  

In the next few months we'll be designing our new home from top to bottom, which feels a little overwhelming but also really exciting.  If you've built a house and have any advice for us, please let me know!  We'd love to hear how other people's experiences have been.  

I'm so looking forward to walking in the woods, collecting sticks, and having picnics under our big beautiful oak trees this summer.  I'll keep you posted on our progress.

Also...Happy Happy Birthday to my favorite guy!  Thanks for being such a great husband and dad!  I love you, Will  :)

 
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment