Monday, June 3, 2013

weekend in review














Our weekend was packed full of all the best things.  Slowly making my way through the newest issue of taproot and using one of the included post cards to mail a letter to my grandmother.  Sitting with the kids while they played in the sandbox.  Watching Annabel run around the course at her first game of putt-putt, and cheering for Tommy after he hit the only hole-in-one of the day!  (Will beat me for the third time in a row.  I am NOT happy about this and vow to crush him the next time we play!)  Listening to Annabel and Tommy work on their drumming skills.  Watching our local baseball team, the Richmond Flying Squirrels, beat the Erie Seawolves on Saturday night.  It was "Faith and Family" Night at the ball field so we got tickets with a bunch of people from our church.  We ate a corndog, cheese fries, a hamburger, and a soft pretzel (decidedly not Paleo but all tasty regardless), and had a great time.  It was the first time either one of my kids had been to a baseball game so it was a fun first for them to have together.  After the game, they set off fireworks, which Tommy loved and Annabel could've done without!  For church yesterday, I decided to see if I could braid Annabel's hair.  Success!  I'm pretty sure she's never lost a single hair off of her sweet little head and now has an impressive amount for a not-quite two-year-old.  I still need some practice with getting them even, but as you can see, she can easily have a couple of Pippy Longstocking braids!  Last night, Will's aunt came over to babysit and I went back to church with Will for the Senior Banquet.  Every year, the youth group puts on a lovely program for the seniors to send them off to college.  It was a great program, as always, and I was really glad I was able to go.  

We're heading into the last ten days of school for Tommy, and I have to say that I'm really excited for him to be done with Kindergarten.  It's been such a great year, full of learning experiences for him and for Will and I.  But now I'm ready for the lazy days of summer where the only thing on the schedule is playing outside and finding a place to swim.  We have a lot of vacation planned for the summer so I'm also looking forward to spending time in familiar places and exploring places we've never been before.  

Hope you have an easy start to your week!  Annabel and I are headed to the gym a little later and then having some friends over for lunch.  I'm sure we'll be outside with Tommy after school and maybe playing with our neighbor friends.  Have a great day, and I'll see you again on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment