Monday, April 29, 2013

Denver recap

Good morning!  How was your weekend?  Annabel and I spent all day on Saturday traveling home from Denver, and I'm not gonna lie, I'm tired.  Flying out was fine and I think I was so excited and hopped up on adrenaline that I was good when we got to Denver.  But coming home was a different story.  As soon as we got off the plane in Richmond, I went downhill fast.  First of all, I was completely freezing.  I don't know what they were thinking on our second flight, but it was like a refrigerator on that plane.  I was freezing the entire hour and thirty-eight minutes that we were airborne.  Ridiculous.  People were pulling out coats all over the place.  By the time we landed, I had a sore throat, a massive headache, and I was literally shivering.  I came home, took a really really long hot shower, helped put the kids to bed, and went to bed myself even though it only felt like 8pm.  After an entire day yesterday of doing nothing, I'm feeling a little better today, but still can't totally shake this headache.  Any advice for traveling on airplanes?  We're flying to California later this summer to spend a couple weeks with family out there, then driving to Denver to see the triplets and my buddy Grayson for a week, and then flying home.  How do you buck up after a flight?  I don't want to do this again! 

I have SO many pictures from our great week in Denver so I thought I'd share some more if you'd like to see.  I'm so thankful I got to spend so much time with Grayson and my sister-in-law, Krista, out in their own environment.  The last time I was in Colorado was for Krista and Jeff's wedding so I'd never gotten to see Grayson in his own element.  I'm so in love with that kid and am so grateful for the time we (and Annabel and Grayson, too!) got to spend together last week.  Thanks, Krista and Jeff, for flying us out!

Walkin'.

So thirsty after walking.

Readin' in the pack-n-play while I cleaned up.

Laundry baskets are the best.

Snuggled up on the couch watching a few minutes of Sesame Street while I fixed lunch.

Ready for a chilly walk.

Sleepin' and eatin'.

Oh, those mountains.

They LOVED those cowboy hats!

More walkin'.

Checking out the fishes at the Denver Aquarium.

Watch out Grayson!
More walking...on actual sidewalks.  Why don't they make sidewalks in all neighborhoods?

We did a lot of walking.

At the playground.

An awesome slide built into one of the walls at the playground.  We don't have playgrounds like this in Central Virginia.

Ridiculously adorable.  This is his ice cream face!

After we finished our "ice keem," since the restaurant was empty, there was some dancing.

Last morning in Denver - playing train through the kitchen.

Cute cousins.

We love you, Grayson!!  Thanks for such a fun week!

No comments:

Post a Comment