Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Theme Week: Easter

DIY Speckled Eggs


I have said it before, and will say it again, that when it comes to making any kind of holiday craft, I tend towards making the natural just slightly unnatural. I like brightly dyed Easter eggs as much as the next guy, but when I saw these speckled eggs on Pinterest, I knew that I would be trying them. The thing is, I honestly believe that there is almost nothing more beautiful in nature than brown eggs. They come is slightly varying, creamy colors and look like the healthy, homey lifestyle that I try to live on a daily basis. With this variety of Easter eggs, you really don't have to do too much to achieve your rustic Easter centerpiece. 

Boil.

Dry.

Splatter.

I did use traditional dye to achieve the "robins egg blue" egg, and I think it was really worth it. 


These were really fun to make (you feel a little like Jackson Pollock!) and are great because they are meant to look imperfect, so really - you can't screw them up! I'm not displaying these currently because, you know, the smell of eggs going bad isn't exactly appealing, but I am refrigerating these until next Sunday when I can surround them with ham, pineapple chutney, asparagus, whole wheat rolls and deviled eggs. :)

Happy Easter!! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment