Monday, March 25, 2013

Theme Week: Easter

Good morning!  How was your first Spring weekend?  On Saturday, Tommy played his first (chilly!) soccer game!  They lost 6-2, but he had a GREAT time, which is definitely what counted most.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to go to the game because I did my first triathlon!  It was inside and timed, so it wasn't a true sprint tri but it was a good warm-up to the real thing.  I think I did pretty good for my first go!  And then yesterday, we ended our weekend with a lovely Palm Sunday church service (Tommy sang in the kids choir), lunch at our favorite local spot, and.....a snow storm.  Yes, snow.  School is cancelled today, and although I'm thrilled, I'm definitely hoping this is the last snow storm this year.  Ready for Spring!

This week is all about Easter here at WeThree!  My post today is about dying eggs, but rather than insult you with the directions that you can find clearly printed on the box, I'm just going to show you the ones we made.  They're pretty plain, but Annabel had already gone to bed (I don't think my 19-month-old and egg dye is such a great combination!) so I'm sure she'll have them covered in stickers before breakfast is over.

While the snow came down...


...we ate popcorn, drank hot chocolate and tea, and made some pretty Easter eggs.




The green is my favorite!



Hope you get a chance to dye some eggs in time for Easter!  

No comments:

Post a Comment