Thursday, February 14, 2013

Theme Week: Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!

After writing my post on Monday and realizing that I had nothing in this house that even remotely resembled Valentine's Day, I took a little trip to Target (I agree with Care - so dangerous) and came away with new sketch books and crayons for the kids, some chocolate treats, and a few cards.  After taking care of the surprises, I decided on a special breakfast:  Smitten Kitchen's Cinnamon Toast French Toast with a little twist...heart-shaped bread.  

So I started the night before with cutting the bread.  But when I got out my cookie cutters, guess what I discovered?  

I don't have a heart-shaped cookie cutter.  

So I cut them by hand.





They turned out....ok.  I will be investing in a heart-shaped cookie cutter before next Valentine's Day.

Will stayed home later than usual this morning so he could join in our Valentine's Day morning festivities.  We opened the gift that Tommy made for us...

A puzzle!

 Watched the kids open their gifts...








Ate some fruit from the Edible Arrangement that Will sent me yesterday...



And ate our sort-of heart-shaped french toast...

 
It was a good morning  :)  


Hope you have a great Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment