Thursday, February 28, 2013

mini series: homemade kitchen

Good morning!  I have a recipe for you but first I just have to ask, those of you who have kids, are your kids as cute as mine?  I hope for your sake that the answer is yes, cause mine has been the cutest kid on the face of the earth lately...no, seriously.  First of all, she is totally into kissing which is completely adorable; especially when I find her randomly kissing her dollies, or books, or my arm.  She has also learned a whole bunch of animal sounds and also what sound a train makes so she will randomly become a puppy or a monkey or a lion (my personal favorite).   Now that she knows these noises, every time a train goes by (which is ALL the time at our place) or every time she hears a puppy bark (which is quite often around here too) she stops what she is doing, looks up at me with huge eyes and says wass-at ('what's that' in Sommer speak).  Then she will start woof-woofing or choo-chooing.  Oh goodness, it is seriously the cutest.  One last thing to share about my sweet little girl - when she's looking at books or sees or hears something new, she draws in her breath and looks at whatever it is in complete wonderment, like it is the best thing she has ever seen or heard.  She is in complete amazement at the world around her and sometimes I wish I could see the world through her little eyes.
o yea, she loves to swing too.
Now, onto my recipe which I can proudly say today is my own!  I know I just shared an applesauce recipe last week but I decided to experiment with some apples that I picked up at the farmers market last weekend and when my experimenting turned out to be delicious(!) I had to share.  I didn't take any pictures because I wasn't thinking that I would share this so soon but here is what I did:

6 apples (use a variety) I used 3 gala, 2 granny smith and 1 red delicious.
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
a couple shakes of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of water

Peel, core and cut apples into chunks and throw into a crockpot.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
Cook on high for 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally. 
Once the apples are nice and soft, you can mash them up a bit if you like your applesauce nice and smooth.  I left ours a little chunky. 

Super easy and delicious!  I hope you will give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment