Tuesday, February 26, 2013

mini series: homemade kitchen

Welcome to Week 2 of my little mini series!  

This week I experimented with homemade pancakes.  I have actually made 3 batches over the past week and a half or so but today I will share with you my favorite one, which happens to be the recipe we used for dinner last night! You can find the recipe I used here.

Do you ever like to have breakfast for dinner?  We love it around here because it is inexpensive and easy.  It might be a little easier if you use Bisquick but I think homemade tastes better. :)  

mix'em up
cook'em up - i tried to make a heart for my loves <3
stack'em up
eat'em up
As you can see, we had scrambled eggs (I make mine with a little milk and a little cheese, salt & pepper) and sausage that we picked up at the farmers market over the weekend (some of the best sausage I have ever eaten!).
The great thing about making a big batch of pancakes is that you can freeze them for breakfasts later in the week.  We are into saving money at the moment so now instead of buying frozen waffles each week, I have leftover homemade pancakes! For us, it is the perfect solution to saving money, using what we already have in our pantry and knowing exactly what is going into our food!  I hope you will give these a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment