Tuesday, February 19, 2013

mini series: homemade kitchen

Hello!
I am bringing my own mini-series to WeThree for the next few weeks.  I have recently decided to start making several things from scratch for my little family to eat; partly in order to save money and partly in order to eat healthier and know what is in our food.  We have also recently started visiting our local farmers market every week to buy our fresh fruits and veggies and our meats.  It is so much fun and I love supporting the local businesses that show up at the market each week.

Homemade Applesauce
I used this recipe from Allrecipes.com but added a little more cinnamon.
Here is what I used exactly:
4 gala apples
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup water
Peel, core and chop the apples; mix all ingredients in a pot; simmer for about 20 minutes; mash with potato masher until consistency of your choice.






This recipe is pretty good.  The great thing is that Sommer LOVES it - I am always looking for things that she will eat.  I am really looking for a recipe that uses mostly just apples and maybe a little brown sugar and cinnamon.  I'm having a hard time finding exactly what I'm looking for.  I also would like to use my crock-pot.  Maybe I should just start experimenting.  Do you have any yummy recipes to share?  



No comments:

Post a Comment