Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lewes, Delaware

Every now and then there comes a time when WeThree get to drive off into the sunset for a weekend spent together. This doesn’t happen often because, you know, that pesky thing called life tends to get in the way, but so far we’ve had three editions: Washington D.C., Shippensburg, PA and Lewes, DE. While I can’t speak for all of us, I particularly enjoyed our trip to Lewes and today I thought I’d flash back to 2011 and share some photographs from our trip.

We are lucky enough to have family members who own a house in Lewes, and so we enjoyed free lodging just a few miles outside of the adorable town. For those of you you haven't heard of Lewes, it's often referred to as "The First Town in the First State" and still has a lot of neat historical structures to admire. Lewes is, for me, like a little slice of heaven: quaint, historical, artsy, close to a range of entertainment and with great culinary destinations - really, what more could you want??

We enjoyed our first dinner at this little restaurant called Kindle. 
They had great food and atmosphere - the perfect start to a relaxing weekend.


Dani's honey glazed chicken w/mac & cheese.

My "lobsterettes" with scallops & risotto.
Confession: I cringe when I look at these now. They sort of resemble alien insects.

Chelsey's steak w/bleu cheese & caramelized onions.

My cape coder. :)

This is one of my favorite pictures, probably ever. I sort of wish I was in it!

Gorgeous old church.

Neat old labyrinth.


And a couple of touristy shots...


Antique store.
I love the botanical print you can see to the side in the photo.

Coffee Break. :)

A place called Cake Bar? Are you kidding?

We opted for an entire pie to enjoy on our night in.

Day trip to Rehoboth Beach.

Legendary :)

We stopped in a little restaurant in Rehoboth for a break and a rootbeer float.
With two pregnant sisters, alcohol/caffeine free was the perfect option!

Frothy.

 Last day brunch spot.

 Perfect pick-me-up. :)

The trip in general was just really relaxing and fun. Not pictured: outlet shopping, movie watching and some at-home cooking. And oh yeah, we all slept in the same room because we don't like to admit it, but we get freaked out in slightly foreign places. :) This was really the last trip that we took because, as I mentioned, we were blessed with two little girls just a few short months later. I'm secretly hoping that we might be able to escape this spring though, and check out the Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C. I am literally dying to walk under all those pinky-white trees! 

Fingers crossed! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment