Thursday, November 29, 2012

Settling In

Well, we have been in our new town for a little over 2 weeks now and we are slowly but surely starting to settle into our new place.  Our apartment is small but we are making it work as best we can.  Last night when I was trying to make dinner, I had to send Matt to the basement a couple times to get a couple things that we just don't have room to keep in the kitchen.  I think the hardest thing to get used to is the tiny kitchen.  We were spoiled in our house and had tons of cabinet space.  I sometimes wonder if we will ever have that much space again or if we were just lucky.

The town we live in is cute and we are pretty close to downtown so we can walk to all the cute shops and restaurants.  I have found a yarn store and a running store (my 2 hobbies - sorta) right beside each other!  Lucky me!  There is also a bike shop/coffee shop - interesting combo, 2 nice looking salons, a cute bakery and several upscale home stores that I hope to check out at some point.

We have checked out one restaurant in town which we loved and hope to check out again soon.  It is called Creamery on Main and is super cute and has great food! 
The whole menu is up on the wall and their sandwiches are all named after things from the Philly area (we are pretty close to Philadelphia) - some have names of famous baseball players, etc.
We split the Rocky II which was a chicken cheese steak and it was so delicious!  I probably could have eaten the whole thing.  We also split a small fry which was huge!  They also have tons of ice cream options.  We opted not to have ice cream when we were there but we have been back for banana splits since we ate lunch there and I'm sure we will frequent this place in the summertime.
My two loves enjoying our lunch date. :o)
And just for fun, here is a pic of one of the views near our new home.
Do you have tips for how best to settle into a new place?

No comments:

Post a Comment