Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Rainy Days

Well, it looks as though the worst of Hurricane Sandy is past. While it wasn't as bad as anticipated here in Central PA, obviously the same cannot be said for other areas on the East Coast. I think I speak for all of WeThree when I wish everyone safe, dry and happy thoughts!

Still raining...

The "frankenstorm" (as it was so aptly named, given today's date) got me thinking about dreary days. I'll be honest with you - every now and then I love a rainy day. They are the perfect excuse to be just a little bit lazy; for some reason, I feel a lot less guilty about skipping out on the gym, eating a buttery, melt-y grilled cheese sandwich for dinner and sitting on the couch under a blanket when the sky turns gray.

That being said, sometimes being cooped up inside all day can make you a little stir-crazy. And what is the best cure for stir-craziness? A little competition...

Face off.
On a recent rainy (and freezing) day, Scott and I bundled up in sweatshirts and sweatpants for a game of Chinese checkers on the living room floor.
At first it looked like Scott (red) might be winning...
It was neck -in-neck for awhile, but ultimately...
I won!! By ONE!
He was a wee bit disappointed.
Scott likes to make big statements about all things, so at the conclusion of our match he lamented, "You only beat me by one which means we both played a nearly perfect game. This means we are smart." Well, maybe it does mean "we" are smart, but I still won. I had to hold back from laughing haughtily and yelling "HAHA, BEAT YA WHARTON GRAD!!!!" 

How do you pass the time on rainy days? I would love to hear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment