Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hearty Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash and Quinoa

I hope you are ready for some awesome fall recipes because I think we will definitely deliver on this!  I made this stew last night for my mom, Carrie and myself and it was delicious.  It was really the perfect fall stew because it was filling, warm and full of delicious fall flavor.  We paired this with a salad, warm rolls and apple cider. 
I found this recipe on Pinterest and you can find the original recipe here. 
*I made a couple changes to the recipe which I have noted below.

This stew really comes together pretty quickly and I think you could really leave out the chicken if you don't eat chicken and it would still be great.  The mashed butternut squash and the quinoa are what really make this dish hearty. 
The only ingredient in the stew that I was a little wary of was the additional of kalamata olives.  I thought their flavor would be too strong for this but I was pleasantly surprised at how complimented all the other flavors. 
I hope you give this a try and enjoy!!

*The changes I made:
This recipe calls for you to steam the butternut squash, take out half to mash and leave the other half in chunks.  I mashed about 3/4 of the squash and left the rest in chunks. 
Because of this, the stew was a bit on the thicker side so instead of using 31/2 cups of broth, I used 4 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment