Wednesday, September 26, 2012

life lately, according to my camera

Things have been relatively quiet around here lately, which, I'll be honest, is the way that I like it. Here is our week (give or take a day!) in photos:

Made baked orzo with eggplant and fresh mozzarella. It is, hands down, the only baked pasta that I have ever liked, period. Don't be scared looking at the ingredient list - you probably have most of them on hand.

Finished the final book in The Hunger Games series, Mockingjay
Have you read the series? I couldn't put the books down. Now for the real question...
Are you team Gale or team Peeta? I would LOVE to hear!!
I still can't decide...! But I would love to have a shirt that says: "I'll have your baby, Gale." :)

Logged 16 miles at the gym, though I don't seem to have much to show for it. I'll tell you, the difference between teaching and sitting in front of a computer all day is about four pounds.

Used my leftover fresh mozzarella to make these meatballs. Go ahead and make them right now.

Ended up at the Farm Aid concert in Hershey. We saw...

Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds.
It was my first time seeing them play together and this set alone was worth the money. Oh Dave Matthews, hearing you play just never gets old.

John Mellencamp and Kenny Chesney.
Neil Young and Willie Nelson.
Such a fun, impromptu outing with Brig. :)
(We missed you Mary!)
Made skinny chocolate chip buttermilk scones. The website claims that there are only about 200 calories per scone. They do seem lighter than most recipes with only 3 tbsp. of butter and whole wheat flour. These didn't last very long...

Cried at the season finale of Keeping Up with the Kardashians
Sorry if you just lost respect for me. I just love their sister relationship - always makes me laugh!

Played the piano with baby Sommer. She seemed to particularly enjoy selections from The Nutcracker!

What have you been up to lately? <3
p.s.- this blog post was inspired by one of my favorite blogs, the rockstar diaries. check it out!

Images here, here and here.

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE this post, such a great way to recap a week. I missed you weasels too and wish I was with you!! Nice job on logging those miles! That's awesome, Care! Are you doing the Turkish Trot this year?

    ReplyDelete