Friday, October 5, 2018

October!

Well, since neither of my sisters acknowledged the fact that it is now October I feel the need to do so.  Does everyone, everywhere love October?  I love hopping on Facebook on the first day of October because so many of my friends share their joy for this month.  

I'm sure we've all seen this popular quote floating around


And it's so true!  October is, in my humble opinion, one of the best months there is.  The weather starts to turn cooler, the mornings get darker.  There are pumpkins, warm drinks and fuzzy socks; apples, candles, and gorgeous sunsets.




  In the past I have associated the fall with change - not only did the leaves start to turn and fall but for a few years in a row we packed up our things and moved during the fall months.  Now that we have settled into our little routine, fall signifies a super busy season for us. School and soccer and all the things.  But, as the weather cools down, I start to get excited for a slower season.  I'm looking forward to going to the pumpkin patch, baking pies for Thanksgiving, shopping for all of my family as December approaches.  I'm excited to soak in all of the things that the upcoming season has to offer.  

I find myself getting wrapped up in the busy quite often.  This week alone felt incredibly hard; like I just couldn't get ahead of the game.  I bought all the ingredients to make soup on Sunday and now it's Friday and guess what...no soup.  This weekend feels like a good time to commit to getting a handle on the busy.  Find a way to slow down and find the special in the ordinary moments.  

Happy October, friends!
What are your plans for the first weekend of the month?
If you're in the Easton, PA area you might want to check out Garlic Fest 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment