Monday, February 6, 2017

the weekend

Hey hey it's Monday! How was your weekend? We had a pretty low-key weekend which was completely perfect and exactly how I like my winter weekends to be. There was a pretty sunset, pizza and Bible Study and lots of laughs with our small group friends, a basketball game, two friends over to play, a trip to the grocery store (admittedly not low-key), a well-spent hour at church, breakfast at our favorite spot in the village, a walk through the neighborhood, some time with friends, a nap by the fire, time for reading, an as-yet unfinished Monopoly game, food, and of course, football. We fit a lot of good stuff in over the last couple days!

 I spy angel wings.

 So thankful for this view out our windows.

 I'm reading this fascinating true story about the joys and trials of a homesteading family. Check it out if you're looking for a good read and are into back-to-the-land stories. (Also, I had a small cyst removed from my wrist almost two weeks ago. I'm supposed to be wearing that brace 24/7, but true to my stubborn form, I kept it off almost all day yesterday. Ummm, oops?)

 When the whining reaches an all-time high, I know she needs a nap. Sunday rest by the fire - what could be better? While I sat with her and caught up on some reading, the boys played an hour and a half of Monopoly...and still haven't finished the game.

I love football but let's be honest...for a lot of people, the Superbowl is all about food and commercials. I cooked up an easy spread of baked potatoes, beef and vegetable chili, chips with queso and guacamole, and these amazing pumpkin and avocado brownies. Yes, pumpkin and avocado. Don't knock it til you try it. Annabel and I loved them, but my milk-chocolate loving boys weren't quite as thrilled. Made with cocoa powder and honey and dark chocolate chips, they're not as sweet as a regular milk chocolate brownie. The girls will enjoy finishing off that plate!

I hope your weekend was restful and fun and filled with all of your favorite things. Happy Monday - make it a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment