Wednesday, May 18, 2016

how does my garden grow

As I've said before, and I'm sure I'll say again, our yard is definitely a work in progress.  We haven't gotten much done out there this spring because we have had so. much. rain.  Plus it seems like we have been super busy this spring and the yard has not been our top priority.  I am happy to say that we did spend one afternoon getting all the pine needles and leaves raked and bagged up.  It was a big job and I am so glad that it's done.  We have a few projects that I really want to get done before July but I am happy to let our flower beds do their own thing this year.  With all the rain we've had, our yard is bursting at the seams with green and I love it!




 I didn't think I would care for the ferns so much but I love how much vibrant green they add to the yard.

 I am (impatiently) waiting for all of our peonies to pop out.  They are one of my very favorite flowers and we hit the jackpot with a bunch of plants already here when we moved in.

 little gardener.

I've been following The Artful Parent on Facebook for a little while now and she recently put up this post about setting up a kid friendly backyard.  It gave me tons of inspiration on what I hope to do in our backyard to make it a little oasis.  Can't wait to get started on it!  Check out her blog as there are tons of great ideas of things to do with kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment