Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Insta-Wednesday: Farewell to Summer

The mornings in Carlisle officially feel like fall (I could see my breath yesterday morning!) but by afternoon, summer temps have usually returned. That said, there's a recognizable shift in the air, and I feel like I'm officially bidding farewell to the best summer I can remember in a long time. I snapped this photo of a fancy beetle when I went running the other day, and for whatever reason, it's what came to mind when I though of saying seeya to summer. Maybe it's that fall feels less whimsical and more like routine, or maybe it's because of the way the sunlight slants in the background of this photo. Whatever the case -- goodbye summer of 2015! We'll miss you. :) xoCarrie

I'm always sad to see summer go but feel especially so this year.  With Matt off work for much of the summer and the excitement of Carrie and Roberts wedding; it really was an absolutely wonderful summer.  But, I love fall and all that it brings and am so glad to finally pull out jeans and long sleeves.  One telltale sign of summers end for us is the start of soccer.  We have enjoyed being back on the sidelines cheering on our favorite coach these last few weeks.  
Did you have a favorite moment of the summer of 2015?  We'd love to hear about it!
xo Dana

We are loving the cooler temps here in central VA and have been opening windows to let in the fresh air every single day. Keeping just a little bit of summer on our mantle with these dried hydrangeas from the yard. Farewell Summer 2015! Bring on the Fall!
-chelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment