Friday, August 21, 2015

the secret

Remember this post when I said I would try to figure out how to enjoy cleaning my house as much as I enjoy mowing my lawn? Well guess what? I figured it out! 

The secret is.....

My sunflowers bloomed! Yay! Next year I'm planting 100.

Audiobooks. Genius!

I can't take full credit for this idea though.  Recently I was talking to my friend Pam about books we've read over the summer, and she recommended Scribd for downloading and listening to audiobooks. It's free for the first couple weeks and then $9 a month after that. I signed up last week and am loving it already! The other day, as the kids were happily playing (in between screaming at each other - I can finally see the four year difference between them), I put my headphones on, turned on an audiobook, and started dusting. I got the entire first floor dusted and vacuumed without hardly ever noticing that I was doing something that I normally dread. Win! 

Scribd has a huge library of not only audiobooks but regular books as well. I'm not a big fan of reading from a screen so I'm not sure how much I'll use that option, but if you're into that, there are a ton of choices. Now I can "read" while cleaning, cooking, knitting, sitting at baseball or ballet practice, or while in the car. And the best part is that there are children's books, too! Now we have another good option for long car trips besides movies or electronics or staring out the window. Double win! 

Give it a try if you need something to help you get through your cleaning routine. I'm still trying to figure out the best, and more importantly - the most efficient - way to clean our house. You'd think I'd have figured that out after over a year of living here but since I try to clean as little as possible (ahem) it's taking me longer than it should. Ah well. We're not going anywhere so I've got plenty of time to figure it out. 

See those red leaves? Autumn evidence??
TGIF! Hope you've got something fun planned for the weekend! Thanks for reading this week. Have a good one! 

P.s. Happy Birthday Nanny! We love you! 
P.p.s. Happy Birthday, Lianne! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment