Monday, February 9, 2015

a very merry UNbirthday







While I had grand plans to have our UNbirthday celebration in January, life had other ideas and it just didn't happen. But no worries, that just meant that February would have TWO celebrations instead of one. So when Tommy had a day off from school for parent-teacher conferences, I saw my opening and went for it. Balloons, party hats, fun straws, a striped banner, and one new book each started the day off on a celebratory foot. Since Annabel still had preschool, Tommy and I got to spend the morning together which was a welcome treat. We got smoothies and he worked on Valentine's for his class while we chatted about sports and school and everything else I could think of. After we picked up Annabel, we headed home for lunch and three-year-old nap time. Once everyone was refreshed, we headed off for a couple hours at the science museum and then to see the Spongebob movie which Tommy has been dying to see. (For the record, Will and I didn't think it was as funny as the first one. Where was David Hasselhoff?! Also, don't judge me for critiquing Spongebob...that's the first movie I've seen in months.) Dinner at Panera Bread and cupcakes (from Trader Joes! They were delicious!) at home capped off our first annual Very Merry Unbirthday Celebration...and a pretty great day!

Hope you had a great weekend and are looking forward to a new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment