Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Solo Hangs

A couple of weekends ago, with an out-of-town boyfriend and all of my friends and local family otherwise engaged, I was faced with a completely empty Friday evening. Not one plan, not one invitation, not even a casual after-work happy hour to attend. It's not often that this happens, and as an introvert living in a largely extroverted world, I was suddenly really excited at the prospect of.....being alone. Does that sound weird? It's not that I don't love being around people; on the contrary, it's these small amounts of quiet time that help me recharge and really appreciate the company of the absolutely wonderful people in my life. And so, I took advantage of my free hours and stopped on the way home for a bug-repelling candle, a bag of sweet potato chips, an avocado, two bottles of wine and some limoncello dark chocolate. Then, I spent about 4.5 hours on the balcony with chips and guacamole, Be Radiant wine, The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht, eventually some Blake Shelton radio on Pandora, chocolate for dessert and (thanks to my bug candle) not a mosquito in sight.



It was a great and relaxing evening and I've felt more refreshed ever since. 
Do you ever crave alone time?

Photographs by Brigid.

No comments:

Post a Comment