Thursday, March 20, 2014

at the moment

Ok, it's official.  I'm sick of winter.  The poor birds look so confused...and cold.  Time for consistently warm temperatures, playing outside, happy birds, and SPRING.  For real.  Any day now.  Any day now.

Despite the weather, I have lots of things I'm loving at the moment.  Here's a look at some of them...

in my basket

I don't have much in the way of finished projects to show for my February and March knitting efforts.  Mostly just a basket full of things in varying degrees of done-ness.  Here's what I've slowly been working on:

 I started this blanket in the hopes of giving it to a friend of mine for her new baby girl due to be born in the next couple of months, but in the end, choosing colors is clearly NOT part of my knitting talent and I'm not happy with this...especially for a baby.  Lucky for me, Tommy loves it, so it'll be his when it's done.  I still have plans to make a blanket for the new babe, but it'll definitely be one color.  Ahem.

 This is the second time I've started knitting this blanket and I'm not any further along on it now than I was when I ripped it out the first time.  It's the "Two Lights Blanket" from Taproot Issue 4 :: Wood, and although I love it, there's quite a lot of counting that goes along with this one.  I find it difficult to concentrate on at night when I just want some relaxing don't-have-to-think-about-it knitting.  So it'll just be a work-in-progress.  I'm ok with it since winter is OVER (yeah winter, I said it) and I won't need it until next year.

 This is the start of my linen sweater that I really need to get cracking on now that winter is OVER (yeah winter, I said it again) and I'm going to need a lighter layer.

Here's the beginning of Sommer's birthday blanket.  I made one just like this for Annabel and love the pattern - it's one I can do without thinking so perfect for working on after a long day. 

 I did manage to finish a Honey Cowl for my Grama for her birthday - Love you Grama!  :)

 And when I realized I didn't like the baby blanket I had started, I cast on for this sweet little hat but I ended up not including the pom-pom cause my pom-poms seriously sucked.  I made four and each one was worse than the one before.  If I can perfect my pom-pom before June, I may skip on down to C-ville and steal the hat back to add one because it would be really cute...but only with a good pom-pom. 


at the table

Since I have a pretty big selection of recipes on my Pinterest board, I decided it would be good if I actually gave some of them a try...

Apples with melted peanut butter and chocolate chips?  Yes, please.

Zucchini coated in olive oil, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese?  Yes, please.

Gluten-free rhubarb pecan scones?  Yes, please.

I also made these gluten-free cheesy garlic sticks and they were really good, but now I can't find my photo of them.  My bad.  Also, I made a dip with chicken, Rotel tomatoes, and cheese, and it was terrible.  Seriously bad.  If you find that one, don't pin it.  Just don't.  Trust me.  Tonight, I'm making this.  I think it has way more potential than the chicken dip.  


on my nightstand

Although I started A Million Little Ways by Emily Freeman back in February, I had a tough time getting into it so decided to put it down until I could better concentrate on it.  Since then I started and finished Notes from a Blue Bike by Tsh Oxenreider which I loved, and have now picked up this one...

The Amazing Thing About the Way It Goes by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.  Hilarious and amazing.  I have completely loved every single chapter so far.  I think Stephanie and I would totally be besties if only we knew each other.  You should definitely read this one.


in the mail

Happiness is Taproot in the mail.  I love this magazine so much.  It gets better with each issue.


with the kids

Snowy, cold walks.

Movie date to see Peabody and Sherman.

Hiking.  Photo credit:  Annabel.

Playground fun (when it wasn't freezing or snowing).

Exploring the new house.

Practicing jumping off the front porch.

So that's a little look at what I've been enjoying at the moment.  What are you loving right now?

P.s.  HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING! (Take THAT winter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment