Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Simpifying My Wardrobe Part I

Welcome to the first addition of my "Simplifying My Wardrobe" series!  I am excited to share with you how I am trying to simplify my closet in order to take less time getting ready and more time enjoying other things.  I have always been one of those people who has a closet full of clothes and nothing to wear and I am determined not to be that person anymore.  I want to have fewer clothes with more options and I think I am getting there.  I definitely still have lots of learning to do when it comes to clothing and style but I am enjoying picking up and trying new things out!  



For Everyday…




For quick and easy everyday outfits I picked up a couple chunky sweaters, some simple and classic t's and long sleeve t's, blue and black jeans, a bright flannel and a chambray shirt.  Some of these things I already had in my closet but the things that I did get recently I was lucky to either find on after Christmas sales or get as gifts.  

Long sleeve shirts, chunky sweaters, and both pairs of jeans -- Loft 
Short sleeve t's -- Old Navy and Gap 
Flannel -- Banana Republic 
Chambray -- J. Crew.  


When I want to get fancy…


Although I don't have many occasions to get dressed up, I wanted to have a couple things that I could mix with my simple everyday options to fancy it up a bit.  These few items are perfect for a date night, church or a night out with my sisters or friends.

Polka dot shirt -- Loft
Blazer -- Loft
Black Wedges -- Payless 
Necklaces -- Loft, Kohl's and J.Crew
Scarf -- gift

I'll be back on the first Wednesday of the next several months to share with you how my closet simplification is going and also a few outfits that I put together!  Hope you'll join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment