Monday, October 14, 2013

under the weather

I don't know what the weather's been like where you live, but we've just come off of days and days of rain.  It was simultaneously terrible and wonderful.  Terrible because we were stuck inside way more than usual, but wonderful because we were stuck inside way more than usual.  Sometimes you just need some extra time to cuddle up under soft blankets, drink a cup of hot lemon ginger tea, and get lost in the pages of a good book.  Especially when you're feeling a little under the weather like I was all last week.  Annabel had come down with a bad cold, and I wasn't able to slide by without catching it. So I gathered my favorite cold-fighting supplies, and she and I hunkered down as much as possible while the rain poured down outside the windows.  

The softest tissues, my new water bottle, and of course, my favorite girl.

100% Vitamin C vitamins, the best granola bar ever (I love all the Luna bar varieties!), and a gluten-free version of one of my favorite cookies. 

Ginger lemon tea and a sweet honey bear.

My favorite soup:  Kale, Sausage, and White Bean Stew.

A project - still plugging along on Annabel's sweater.

Good reading material:  a cookbook and a love story.  I highly recommend both.

Sometimes the one thing that can pull me out of a funk is sitting down at the table with these three.  Definitely one of the best parts of my day...even when dinner is a frozen pizza.  Love them.

Now that I'm on the mend, I'm looking forward to a week full of sunshine, cooler temperatures, family dinners, and hopefully some apple picking!  What are you up to this week?  

P.s.  You have until THIS THURSDAY to enter the cookbook giveaway!  Cook up some dinner and send me a photo  :)  Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment