Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Gold Dipped

One thing that I really love having in my house at all times is fresh flowers. In terms of brightening up the space, they really just make all the difference in the world. I don't often buy them, because they tend to be expensive, but somehow I always manage to have an abundance during the springtime months.

Where I seem to be lacking; however, is in the vase department. I had one that I liked, but beyond that, I was using mediocre cups and glasses that just didn't look exactly the way that I wanted. When I saw these simple gold dipped milk bottles on Pinterest, I knew that I had to re-create them in some way and set about gathering the minimal materials:

{plain bottles}
(I purchased these at T.J. Maxx for ~$2.99 each)

{metallic gold paint w/paint brush}

These obviously require no brain power, but they do require several coats of paint, so be patient. After the first layer they looked pretty pathetic, but once I let that dry and created a base, the next two-three layers went on much more smoothly and created the opaque look you see in the finished product.

{first coat}

 {second coat}

{dunzo}

Pretty with yellow, but I am sort of partial to the bright pink --
 the gold/fuschia combo is a favorite of mine!

I ended up giving two away for mothers day, but I did keep one for my own table and am considering it to be a welcome addition to my growing vase collection. :) Enjoy the day! xoCarrie

No comments:

Post a Comment