Good morning! How was your weekend? Will was on another retreat so I packed up the kids and headed up to PA. Annabel ended up with a fever and terrible cold, but she perked up with Tylenol and we still had a good time. Tommy had fun playing outside with my dad and challenging my Grama to a ping pong match. I don't know who won, but if you ask Tommy, I'm sure he'd say that he did.
I wrote my first set of confessions back in September and thought it may be time for a few more.
1. When I applied for college, I only sent applications to three places: Penn State, University of Maine, and Virginia Tech. I never really wanted to go to Penn State, but I did really want to go to UMaine. The fifteen hour drive time changed my mind. Sometimes I wonder what I would be doing right now if I had ended up up there.
2. I still have two small pieces of my baby blanket that live on our bed underneath my pillow day and night. When I was young, my mom told me that I'd have to get rid of my blanket before I went to the prom. Then she told me I'd have to get rid of it before I went to college. Then I had to get rid of it before I got married. Looks like I won that one. And now you know where my children get their stubbornness.
3. In high school when I was playing fast-pitch softball, I had an amazing game where I almost hit for the cycle. My first at-bat was a single, the next was a home run, and the next was a triple. That's one of the only games I remember specific details from. (I always think it's so crazy how Will can remember every detail from every soccer game/tennis match/golf game that he's ever played. Are all guys like that?!)
4. One of the other games I remember was the one where I pitched a no-hitter. Don't be too impressed with that...the team was terrible...we 10-runned them and the game was over after five innings. (Like how I just patted myself on the back not once, but twice?!)
5. I still love mountains. A lot.
6. You know how people are always saying that if you're tired you should exercise because it actually gives you more energy? I always thought that was total crap. Now I know it's true.
7. My favorite college class was aquatic entomology. For real.
8. I've hiked Mt. Washington.
9. Starting in third grade, I took piano lessons for eight years. Someday I hope Tommy will want to take lessons...and I'm going to take them again with him.
10. The first vehicle I bought with my very own money (after graduation in 2004) was a brown 1989 Dodge pickup truck. The speedometer only worked in warm weather and the gas gauge broke not long after I bought it, but that thing had a cd player and air conditioning. I loved it.
11. After college I worked as a supervisor for a national landscaping company called The Brickman Group. For five straight months, all I did was shear bushes with a big gas-powered machine. My arm muscles were awesome.
12. Sunflowers are my favorite favorite favorite.
13. I can take care of outdoor gardens and shrubs and flowers but every indoor plant I've ever owned has met the same end...death.
14. I still hate the word m...moi...moist. Ick.
15. I heart Dave Matthews Band.
16. When Will and I lived in North Carolina, I played guitar in our church's contemporary band. I so miss that.
17. I love Greek food like most people love Italian food.
18. Over the last several years, I've slowly become more of a Redskins fan than a Patriots fan. My Massachusetts family, including my dad, might disown me. Rest assured family, I will always and forever be a Red Sox fan.
19. Still can't end on an even number.