Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Theme Week: Fall

Today I would like to share a great fall craft with you.  I found this on Pinterest and was so excited to make the little guys.
I just want to say though, before you begin this project make sure you have lots of time on your hands.  And maybe a babysitter if you have a baby who doesn't like to nap or who likes to be rocked to sleep for an hour and a half every night...just saying...

Chelsey and I made this craft when I was visiting her a couple weeks ago.  It was quite an adventure for the two of us as we were both a little apprehensive of our artistic skills (we really needed Carrie for this part) and neither of us are seasoned crafters so our trip to Michael's to pick up our supplies ended up taking twice as long as anticipated.  The craft store can be quite daunting when you're looking for "foam sheet or balsa wood" and "stiffy" and you have no clue what that is.  With the help of a few friendly employees, we made it out alive. 

Chels and I planned out our project so that we would work on it each night after the kiddos went to bed.  I would say we spent about an hour and a half for 3 nights plus a few naptimes to get this done and we were rushing at the end.  You may not need so much time if you are a regular crafter though.  :)

So, here is what we did the first night:
After all was said and done we decided that we should have painted everything the first night (except the Stiffy which you have to paint as you apply it to the project).
 
The second night we did the witch:

This was before I got brave enough to paint her face which ended up taking several attempts.  The nice thing about this project is that you can always paint over your mistakes!

And finally, here is our finished product:
What do you think?  I love them and think they are adorable!!  They are happily sitting on a table in my living room today! :)
I will also say that the mummy and the vampire were definitely the easiest and could be done in one night pretty quickly.  The witch was the most time consuming but also one of the most fun to make.  We did the werewolf last and by that time I was sick of crafting and so I wasn't so keen on him but now that it's all said and done, I'm glad he is a part of my little gang of Halloween Friends!

Here is where you can find all the directions. 
I hope you give this craft a try - you could even just make one or two of them to adorn your home around Halloween.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment