Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Party!

Like Chelsey mentioned yesterday, we had a surprise anniversary party for our parents over the weekend.  I had been anxiously awaiting the party for weeks (we set our date in stone in June!) and I was so excited that the day was finally here.  We spent so much time not only planning the party but coming up with ways to keep our parents away from their house for the entire Saturday afternoon.  Although it was a difficult task, we pulled it off and I am so happy that we did!  I unfortunately didn't get many pictures but I wanted to highlight a few things that we did that I thought made the night extra special.  First of all,  my parents backyard is the perfect place to have a party.  It is one of my favorite places to be, especially in the summertime.  We spruced it up a little with some white lights just to add a little extra lighting as the night went on.  The white lights combined with their solar lights that sit in their raised beds made the atmosphere just perfect.  We also borrowed long tables and put 3 end to end to create one extra long table so our guests could eat together.  We covered the tables with white table cloths and used burlap as a runner (so pretty).  We used multiple sizes of mason jars - each with one rose bud as the centerpiece down the middle of the burlap. Although it was so simple, I thought it was just right for the outdoor setting.  I think the simple details are the best. :) 
 Hope you had a great weekend too.  See you back here on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment