Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Fresh Salsa

Well, I'm back with the salsa recipe as promised.  I haven't had the opportunity to try the salsa just yet but will be doing so this evening at my moms house when we are all together for dinner!  
Here's the recipe which I got in my CSA last week.  
1 1/2 C chopped tomatoes, mixed with 1/2t salt -- allow them to drain in a colander for 15 minutes
1 C chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 T minced green pepper
1 T minced hot pepper or to your preference
1 T minced fresh cilantro (I'll be adding parsley instead tonight)
Mix everything up and enjoy with chips!

You can't really tell that there is anything green in there but it's there, just really small I guess.  I loved that each ingredient that I used in this recipe was fresh, local and organic.  Doesn't get much better than that! 

On another note...I am super happy to get to share my house with Chelsey and Annabel this week! :)  They are coming up tomorrow to drop Tommy off at Mimi & Pa's and then coming to spend the rest of the week with us!  We are so happy to have some visitors to spend our days with.  Also looking forward to having a mini WeThree reunion at some point later in the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment