Thursday, July 26, 2012

Fair Week

The last full week in July is fair week in our little town.  I don't usually feel like I live in a small, country town but when fair week rolls around that all changes.  The fair is full of farm animals, cowboy boots and John Deere tractors.

This was Sommer's first time around farm animals so we took her out to let her see some of the goats.  One of the goats baa-ed right at her and sent her into tears.
We also visited some sleepy pigs

This cow reminded me of the cows in the California cheese commercials...do you see it?

Matt and I go to the fair mainly for the food.  There are several stands that are legendary.  The "big boy" is a cheeseburger sub that people line up for, for miles.  The thing you have to remember is that fair week only comes once a year so everyone flocks to the food to eat their fill.
This year, we opted for a BBQ pulled chicken sandwich, a ribeye steak sandwich and some oh so greasy cheese fries.

Going in for the grab

My favorite thing (and really the only reason I like to go to the fair) is the Thin Mint milkshake at the Girl Scout stand.  It is the perfect combination of 2 of my favorite things: chocolate ice cream and thin mint cookies!

I love this milkshake so much that I'm considering going back to get another one!
Have a great Thursday!

1 comment: